Wednesday, October 11, 2006


MARU ICHI NOODLE HOUSE
Top Ramen

Craving authentic ramen? Check out this Japanese noodle house in Milpitas (it's not quite Ramen Halu, but worth checking out).
Glenn (my co-worker) and I checked it out for lunch, and was pleasantly surprised. They offer 4 different broth based ramens (Kuro, Tonkotsu, Shoyu, and Miso). Each Ramen includes soft boiled egg, very tender roasted pork, seaweed and green onions. I ordered the "Combo A" ($8.25) which included the ramen, rice, and 3 pot stickers. I chose the house specialty KURO or "black" ramen (and requested low sodium). The ramen was delicious! Even with low sodium, the roasted pork and browned garlic broth gave it plenty of flavor. All noodles are made in-house.

The restaurant is tiny and floor plan is very interesting, it looks like a runway for a fashion show.
Lunch is crazy and parking is a nightmare - I still recommend it.
Slurp away!

MARU ICHI has 2 locations.
$/Cash Only
530 Barber Ln in Milpitas and 368 Castro St.
408.434.5991

No comments: