Tuesday, October 24, 2006

AQUI CAL-MEX
Au Naturale!

We eat here at least once a week! They have the best inexpensive fine dining food in San Jose!

The chef is very creative when it comes to mixing California, Southwest, Latin America and Asian cusine. I love all his specials - they are very innovative and very inexpensive for what you are getting. He uses fresh greens and organic meats with most nightly specials.

Some of my favorite specials include - Natural Angus Beef Colorado, Natural Turkey Breast Chili Verde, Salmon Enchiladas and Crisp Corn Crusted Tilapia.

Their regular menu has many offerings that I also love (including small plate sizes).

Try their small plate selections if you're not too hungry - crab cake, chicken flautas, and grilled salmon polenta.

Their full size large plate selections includes Southwest Chicken taquitos (one of my favorites), Ropa Vieja (very tender shredded beef that melts in your mouth), and the BBQ Ahi Tuna with a spicy peanut sauce.

They also offer delicious vegetarian selections (warm veggie tostada, jalapeno corn tamales and Sonoma goat cheese quesadilla).

Don't forget to try their Orange Agave Margarita and their Oliver Rocka Margarita. They offer an impressive line up of premium tequilas.

They have 2 locations - Willow Glen and South San Jose (coming soon to downtown Campbell). They're both very popular spots for the neighborhood. You'll find all sorts of groups in their big patio (such as families, teachers, techies, pop warner teams, etc.)
AQUI is a great place to eat, easily one of the best restaurants in the Bay Area!

AQUI CAL-MEX
Willow Glen · 1145 Lincoln Ave., San Jose CA · (408)995-0381
Blossom Valley · 5679 Snell Ave., San Jose CA · (408)362-3456
Downtown Campbell · 201 E. Campbell Ave., Campbell, CA

1 comment:

David Fucillo said...

Thanks for visiting my blog (sf49ers.blogspot.com) and feel free to pass the word about it.

I don't get down outside of San Francisco (where I live) and parts of the East Bay (where I work), but San Francisco has some of the most unique and intriguing restaurants. I love Pancho Villa's Taqueria (I think there's one in the South Bay). Good quantity for the price and all kinds of toppings for your burritos. MSN.com named it one of the 365 things you have to experience in America before you die.

Closer to me is Nick's Crispy Taco's. A fun little place, although a little more than I'd like to pay for what I get. It turns into a club at 9pm every night. Very bizarre and unique.